Torch fat and get your full-body firing with this metabolic conditioning circuit from online PT Luke Grainger.
Muscles Worked: Whole bodySets: 2-4 Reps: 12 Rest: 30 secs
- Return to standing and go again with the other leg.
Muscles Worked: Quads, Hamstrings, Calves, Delts, Lats, Pecs, Core Sets: 3-5 Reps: 30 secsRest: Go straight into 2b
- Land softly with bent legs and immediately go into the next rep.
Muscles Worked: Pecs, Triceps, Delts, Quads, Hamstrings, Core Sets: 3-5 Reps: 30 secsRest: Go straight into 2c
- Quickly return your hand and foot to the starting position, do another deep press-up and repeat on the other side.
Muscles Worked: Core Sets: 3-5 Reps: 30 secsRest: 60-90 secs then back to 2a
- Keep your core engaged as you slowly lower to return to the start.
Muscles Worked: Quads, Glutes, Calves, Hamstrings, AdductorsSets: 3-5Reps: 30 secs Rest: Go straight into 3b
- Land softly and immediately repeat the movement. That’s one rep.
Muscles Worked: Delts, Triceps, Pecs, Quads, Calves, Core Sets: 3-5Reps: 30 secs Rest: Go straight into 3c
- Move ten to 20 feet forward and then reverse the movement. Keep going forward and back until the end of the set.
Muscles Worked: Glutes, Hamstrings, Quads, Adductors, CoreSets: 3-5Reps: 30 secs Rest: 60-90 secs then back to 3a
- With your hands still firmly around the handle, allow the bell to fall down on its own and, as your arms approach your body and the kettlebell brushes your undercarriage, hinge your hips to move immediately into another hike.
Muscles Worked: Traps, Delts, Biceps, Forearms, Quads, Hamstrings, Glutes, Adductors, Core Sets: 3-5Reps: 30 secs Rest: Go straight into 4b
- Pause briefly, then return the kettlebell to the starting position while maintaining good posture through your back.
Muscles Worked: Pecs, Delts, Triceps, Biceps, Forearms, Traps, Rhomboids, Core Sets: 3-5Reps: 30 secs Rest: Go straight into 4c
- Return the weight and do the same with the other arm. That’s one rep.
Muscles Worked: Core, Biceps, Forearms, Lats Sets: 3-5Reps: 30 secs Rest: 60-90 secs then back to 4a
- Note: lift your feet in the air rather than resting your heels on the ground to make this move tougher. The further out you stretch your legs (without your feet touching the floor) the tougher it will be.
Photography: Eddie Macdonald